The intercessor is a critical member of a congregational ministry team!
We encourage pastors to identify and mobilize PrayerBorne Chapters in your church. One chapter: multiple teams. Although a team of intercessors does not constitute the whole of prayer ministry, a church must be prayer centered in communion with God, transformational praying – and that will make intercession even more potent. We want to mobilize intercessors to support the Million Hour Prayer Campaign. The goal is 15-20% of our membership across the state in a prayer-connection. Imagine being able to partner intercessors with church planters, mobilize intercessors in this or that part of the state – this is an advantage to you, and to the national prayer effort.
Prayerborne Ministry Opportunities
- Pastor’s Prayer Partners. Ideally, recruit every member of your church as a prayer partner for the pastor. Ask them to pray for him one day a month, the day of their choice, a date they will remember, such as their anniversary of birthdate. Provide a weekly bulletin of prayer points.
- Prayer and Crisis Referral Line. Your congregation can operate a 24-7 community prayer line in connection with a national ministry that is a partner of Church of God Prayer Ministries for only $175 a year, less than a third of the typical costs. Get your volunteers trained, and in connection with other partner congregations across the nation, we can provide 24 hour coverage, with local referrals coming back to you. Your people are effectively trained, used in the national ministry; and you provide a unique service to the city and the nation; and garner a stream of referrals.
- Establish Intercessory Prayer Teams. Partner your intercessors to share mutual prayer concerns, team them for direction and for confirmation.
- Participate in the Virtual Prayer Wall (VPW). This 24-7 nationwide virtual prayer meeting is by and for Church of God Congregations. Your Prayerborne Chapter or an IPT adopts an hour ‘on-the-wall.’ They connect by phone weekly at the same time and pray. We provide a prayer meeting template and suggestions for prayer.
- Prayer Evangelism. Prayer for the lost, neighborhood prayer evangelism, systematic prayer walking.
- The Wailing Wall Project. Create a wailing-wall in your church, a special section dedicated to remembering the not-yet-committed loved ones and friends.
- The Home-based Intercessors Network. Do you have a significant number of shut-ins or seniors who can’t get out to a prayer meeting? Mobilize them for prayer. Not only can they be activated to pray, virtually on-call, but they can also be trained to ‘call-out’ for prayer. They can be a stand-by force to pray for those in surgery or recovery.
- The Pager-Prayer Alert System. Buy a pager – and give it to someone convalescing in a hospital, someone awaiting surgery. They are not in a position to take a lot of calls, but folks can dial the pager number and when it vibrates, the individual knows it is a message from church folks saying, “I am praying!” You can use text messages in the same way.
- Adopt a School for Prayer. Encourage intercessors and IPTs to adopt a school, perhaps one near the church, or where they live, as a prayer partner. Find support materials at www.praycog.org.
- Adopt a Badge. Encourage your intercessors to adopt a police or fireman, perhaps, the entire church might want to take someone on as a partner. Find support materials at www.adopt-a-cop.org.
- Participate in the Million Hour Prayer Campaign. Go to www.1plus1.cc for resource materials. Add one-minute to your daily prayer time; and five minutes to your congregational prayer time on the first Sunday of every month.
- Be a part of the Billion Souls Prayer Campaign. Alert intercessors. Get a monthly email update. Mark the last Sunday of October for the Annual Day to Pray for Unreached People Groups. Adopt an unreached people group for prayer. www.billion.tv/networking/prayer.
- Connect to the One Cry Million Intercessors Movement. Prayerborne is a partner to the process. Pray for revival and awakening in the United States.
- Launch a Spiritual Mapping project in your city.
- Launch a city-wide prayer network, a prayer council. For more information, go to www.pc2ln.org.
- Adopt a missionary for prayer.
- Adopt a nation for prayer.
- Begin a Senior-Care Program.
- Establish PIT Crews. 3-5 intercessors who agree to become ‘the intercessors’ for a given ministry in your congregation. Ensure every ministry is a prayed-for ministry.
- Develop Simultaneous Intercessory Teams.
- Train healing and deliverance teams for special soaking prayer services.